• The information that DTPL collects through the Website, which is hosted and operated from India;
• The use and role of cookies and similar technologies on the Website; and
• The security measures DTPL has in place to protect the information that DTPL gathers through the Website.
This Policy does not govern DTPL's collection of information through any website, or by any other means, other than through this Website, or the collection of information by any parent, or subsidiaries of DTPL ("Other Entities").
Visitors are encouraged to read this Policy before using the Website. By using the Website, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy and the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website, available at www.gadgetdoctor.in/terms. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy and the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website, please do not use the Website.
1. Information gathered by DTPL through the Website.
DTPL gathers two basic types of information through the Website: (i) "Personal Information," information from which an individual can be identified, and (ii) "Aggregate Information," from which an individual cannot be identified.
• Personal Information. You are not ordinarily required to register or provide Personal Information in order to access the Website. DTPL collects Personal Information from you only when you voluntarily provide it to DTPL - for example, service request from DTPL, in contacting DTPL through the Website, or exploring business opportunities with DTPL, answering surveys and polls, entering contests and similar promotions and signing up for email updates and announcements concerning DTPL's products and special sales and promotions. Personal Information may include your contact information (such as your name, postal address, telephone numbers and/or email address). Your payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date ("Payment Information"), will be collected by the respective banks and/or third party payment gateway, if you wish to purchase any product or merchandise made available through the Website ("Transaction").
• Aggregate Information. When you visit the Website, DTPL and the third parties with whom DTPL has contracted to provide services, may collect anonymous information from three sources: server log files, cookies, and pixel tags.
• Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in DTPL s server log files whenever you visit the Website, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. IP addresses of all Visitors are used by DTPL to calculate the Website usage levels, to help diagnose problems with the Websites servers, and to administer the Website. DTPL may also use IP addresses to communicate or to block access by Visitors who fail to comply with the Policy and/or the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website. Collecting IP addresses is a standard practice followed on the Internet and is carried out automatically by many websites.
• Pixel Tags. The Website may use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags") to compile aggregate statistics about Website usage and response rates. Pixel Tags enables DTPL to maintain a count of the users who have visited certain pages of the Website. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and as to when the email was opened and read by the receiver of the e-mail.
2. Use and Disclosure of Information Gathered by DTPL through the Website.
Personal Information. DTPL may use Visitors Personal Information in any of the following ways:
• a. Communications. DTPL encourages the Visitors to contact DTPL with questions and comments. Personal Information may be used by DTPL in order to respond to the respective Visitors questions and comments.
• b. Business Purposes. DTPL may also use the Personal Information of its Visitors for internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing its businesses. The Personal Information collected from the Website may be combined with other information collected by DTPL via other online or offline sources, with demographic information and other information that is available in the public domain.
• c. Transactions. When you take part in a Transaction through the Website such as purchasing DTPLs products or merchandise, DTPL may collect Payment Information from you related to such Transaction as well as other Personal Information such as shipping address for shipping of the ordered products or merchandise purchased through the Website. DTPL may use your Personal Information or Payment Information in order to complete the Transaction and, if applicable, to fulfill your purchase. The Payment Information may also be shared with the third parties, as may be necessary, to complete your Transaction (for example, to process the payment made through the credit card).
• d. Contests, Competitions and Other Sales and Promotions. DTPL may, from time to time, introduce and organize any contests, competitions and similar sales and promotions through its Website that may require online registration by the Visitor for participating in such contest, competition or promotion (which may include name, email, user ID and password). DTPL may ask you for certain Personal Information during the process of registration for participating in such contest, competition or sales and promotional schemes. DTPL may share this Personal Information with third party sponsors of such contests, competitions and promotions (irrespective of whether it is hosted by DTPL), in accordance with the rules applicable to such contest, competition or promotion. You should carefully review the rules of each contest, competition and promotion in which you participate through the Website, as they may contain certain additional important information about DTPL or the sponsors use of your Personal Information. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of your Personal Information enlarge the scope of use of such information in terms of this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules shall also apply.
• e. Special Sales, Promotions, Orders and Product Information., DTPL reserves the right to use your Personal Information for sending you SMS notifications, letters, fax and e-mails of updates and announcements concerning DTPLs products and special offers, sales and promotions as also for future sales of DTPL's products under various schemes, competitions and sweepstakes. In addition, DTPL may use your Personal Information to contact you via telephone, to enable you to place your orders("Tele-Orders").
• f. You may opt-out of receiving these messages from DTPL at any time (see Section 4 "Choice" below).
• g. Critical Communications. DTPL may from time to time and as may be necessary use your Personal Information to send emails consisting of important information regarding the Website, your Transactions, or for notifying any amendments or modifications to the terms, conditions, and/or policies of DTPL with respect to use of this Website ("Critical Emails" ). Since Critical Emails would consist of important information you shall not have the option of not receiving Critical Emails.
• h. Third Party Service Providers. DTPL works with third parties who provide services, including website hosting, credit card processing, data analysis, newsletter services, promotional activities, and other administrative services. DTPL may share your
Personal Information, including your Payment Information, with such third parties, as may be necessary, for the purpose of enabling such third parties discharge the provision of such services.
• i. Miscellaneous. DTPL may disclose your Personal Information if DTPL believes that it is required to do so: (i) by law; (ii) to comply with legal process or governmental requests; (iii) to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use; (iv) to protect our operations; (v) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of DTPL, you or others; and (vi) to enable itself to pursue the available remedies or limit the damages that it may sustain.
• Aggregate Information. DTPL may analyze Aggregate Information in order to enhance the Website security, track the popularity of certain pages of the Website, track success of our email notifications, assess traffic levels on the Website and other usage data, all of which would help DTPL to provide content tailored to the interests of the consumers, improve the Website and related services and to otherwise enhance Visitors experience on the Website. DTPL may also share the Aggregate Information with its Other Entities and other third parties for provision of such services.
• DTPL has adequate security measures and tools in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under DTPLs control. Even though, DTPL endeavors to protect its Visitors Personal Information, DTPL cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to DTPL, through or in connection with the website. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with DTPL is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with DTPL has been compromised), you must immediately contact the following: email@example.com
• Assignment. DTPL reserves the right to transfer any and all information that it collects from the Visitors to a third party in the event of any merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of DTPLs assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
• From time to time, DTPL may ask you to indicate whether you are interested in receiving emails, fax, letters, SMS notifications and telephone calls and other information from DTPL or not. If you elect to receive these communications, DTPL will occasionally contact you and provide information that match your requests and offer you promotions and coupons, including but not limited to contacting you to facilitate Tele-Orders.
• If at any time you wish to stop receiving these communications from DTPL, you may put up a request for their discontinuation by emailing, calling or writing to DTPL using the contact information provided on the Website or by using the unsubscribe feature in the email(s) received by you. Please indicate that you wish to stop receiving communications from DTPL. However, you shall not have the option of discontinuing the receipt of Critical Emails from DTPL.
• In addition, DTPL does not disclose your Personal Information to third parties, including DTPL's subsidiaries and the holding companies, for third-party's direct marketing purposes if DTPL has received and processed a request from you that your Personal Information should not be shared with third parties for such purposes. If you would like to submit such a request, you may do so by emailing, calling or writing to DTPL using the contact information provided above. Please indicate that you request that DTPL should not disclose your Personal Information to its subsidiaries and/or other third parties for direct marketing purposes.
5. Changes to This Policy
• DTPL reserves the right to change this Policy, and any of its policies or procedures concerning the treatment of information collected through the Website, without prior notice. Any changes to the Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Website. Use of the Website following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy, then in effect. DTPL encourages you to bookmark this page and to periodically review it to ensure familiarity with the most current version of the Policy.
• This Policy represents the sole, authorized statement of DTPLs practices with respect to the collection of Personal Information through the Website and the manner of use of such information by DTPL. Any summaries of this Policy generated by third party software or otherwise (for example, in connection with the Platform for Privacy Preferences or "P3P") shall have no legal effect, shall not be binding on DTPL, shall not be relied upon in substitute for this Policy, and neither supersede nor modify this Policy.
6. Consent Amendments
Law. By using this Website, you consent to the terms of this Policy and to the use and management of Personal Information and Payment Information, if collected, by DTPL for the purposes and in the manner herein provided. Should this Policy change, DTPL intends to take every reasonable step to ensure that these changes are brought to your attention by posting the updated Policy on the Website. Your visit and any dispute over privacy are subject to this Policy. The said Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India. Further, it is irrevocably and unconditionally agreed that the courts of Delhi, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in relation to any disputes arising out of the same.
7. Limitation of liability
In no event shall DTPL be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, the User's access or use of this Website or any information contained at the Website or any linked websites. In particular, DTPL shall not be liable for special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, whether an action alleging such damages is brought in contract, negligence or tort. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, DTPL's total liability in respect of any order placed by the User through the Website shall be limited to the value of the concerned order.